APACS DCS Training
April 15th – 19th, 2013
Trident Automation will be offering training for APACS DCS & Operator Interface (The Siemens R5 HMI or ICM/Trident InSight HMI) on April 15, 16, 17, 18 & 19, 2013. This 5 day course takes place at our corporate office in Kaukauna, WI and is tailored to fit the hardware, software and architecture in place at your plant.
Registration: The fee for this course is $2,800.00 per person. A minimum of 3 students, with a maximum of 12, is required in order for the course to take place*. A Purchase Order number, along with full payment, is required to reserve your seat(s).
Registration is on a “first come first serve” basis.
Cancellation: If we receive notification of cancellation on or by March 22, 2013, a refund will be issued, except for a $100.00 cancellation fee (per registered person). If notification of cancellation is received after March 22, 2012, registrant’s company forfeits the registration fee and zero refund is issued.
- Hardware & Architecture
- Spare Parts
- Diagnostics & Troubleshooting
- HMI Configuration and Tag Creation
- Controller & I/O Configuration
- System Backup
- Understand the architecture and hardware components used in the APACS system
- Using the system diagnostics
- Troubleshoot a problem(s) and identify the point(s) of failure
- Move, configure and connect field I/O points
- Backup and restore the system configuration
- Shutdown and restart the system components
- Select the appropriate path for system expansion
- Navigate and interpret a controller configuration
- Modify existing controller configuration
- Monitor and change real-time data values
- Add controller configuration (e.g. I/O tags), control loops and motors
- Configure the HMI
- Utilize the database automation tools to generate tags
- Propagate configuration changes and update the system
Please contact Tonya Slack at (920) 759-7477, ext. 114 or at email@example.com with any questions and/or to
reserve your seat.
*Trident Automation reserves the right to reschedule the class if the minimum number of students is not met, unless special arrangements are made in advance.
Siemens, APACS & R5 are trademarks of Siemens Energy & Automation / InSight HMI is a trademark of ICM, Inc. & Trident Automation, Inc.
Class & Travel Information
Class begins at 8:30 a.m. and runs until 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Thursday and 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon on Friday. Students are responsible for their own meals, with the exception of one evening supper and Thursday lunch. Snacks and beverages will be provided.
Trident Automation’s corporate office in Kaukauna, WI is 20.8 miles from Austin Straubel International Airport (GRB), in Green Bay and 16.3 miles from Outagamie County Regional Airport (ATW), in Appleton.
Kaukauna, WI is centrally located between Appleton and Green Bay, along Highway 41. Our office is on the corner of Hwy 55/Crooks Avenue and East 4th Street. There is parking available in front of our building on Crooks Avenue and in our parking lot located on the West side of our building off of East 4th Street.
The following are hotels we would recommend in the immediate area:
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson (2.4 miles from our office)
130 Patriot Dr
Little Chute, WI 54140
*When making a reservation, please ask for the Trident Automation Corporate Discount. If booking online, use corporate Account ID# 34761.
Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly (3.8 miles from our office)
720 Eisenhower Drive
Kimberly, WI 54136
APACS DCS Training Printout